Universal joint and pole ring for Andersen awning window

A handy person from USA says:
Hi, I
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure this is an Andersen window? That doesn't look like an Andersen brand operator. It's also hard to make out the diameter of the spline from your ruler. This measurement can be pretty specific. Check to see if it's 11/32". If so, I recommend our 39-336.
A handy person from South Portland Maine says:
Hi, thanks for replying. The handle of the operator says Andersen. I will recheck the diameter of the spline - I see what you mean, it can be tricky to measure. Will the 39-336 operate properly on a window at a height of 9.5 ft with an extension pole? That's a pretty sharp angle that it has to make when placed onto the spline of the operator. Also, what is your return policy should this part not operate as I hope?
Profile picture of Tom
Your handle cover does say Andersen, but in terms of style it looks more like our 39-375 used by Truth hardware. If it is Truth, then the 11/32" spline would be the correct size needed. Take a look at the 39-337 and 39-157 extensions, along with the 39-157B to see if this could help with the 39-336.
Hi, the window I displayed earlier is at floor level. The windows I need help with are 10 ft off the floor and shown in this new picture. There is no extended sill so the parts you specify will not work. Sorry for the confusion. I'm tempted to buy just the 39-336 to see of it will work but was hoping you had a return policy if it does not?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see what you mean. If the spline size is 11/32" then I think the 39-336 could work well. This is meant to work in just such a circumstance. If it does not, you can return it for a refund. You can see our return policy here.
thanks Tom! You've been a big help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.