Vinyl tilt window

A home owner from Glenside, PA says:
I'm sure I need the Sash Pivot Bar #26-366. In addition, many of the channel parts are broken or missing.

I wonder if I can buy the entire channel with all the parts rather than buy separate parts.

While I am the homeowner(and a quick learner & a handy person)....the home is in NC, but I brought everything home to PA with me. I'd be happy to bring everything to you in Pennsauken to be sure I get the correct items.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 41786748-D609-45CB-94B3-F73115DAB6E4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5218A1AC-5F79-4301-8F0E-21048A2555BE.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in, and sorry for the delay in our response. This looks like a Series 795 Channel Balance. There's a few things to determine here. First, we need the length of the metal channel, not including the nylon shoe; I believe this should be 28", but confirm this just to be safe. You will need a stamp option of 28C. One concern here is that your channel balance uses a clip to attach to the window track, instead of screwing in like our standard balances. Can you show us a picture of the slot in the window track where the balance attaches? That would help determine the best course of action. Finally, confirm that the 15-195 1-1/4" Closed Cam shoe matches what you need. From there, we'll narrow this down for you. Many thanks.

Hi Bob

You are correct, the channel is 28". I'm attaching a photo of the clip, a close up of the closed cam shoe and a photo of the top part of the Pulli thingy. Unfortunately, the window is in NC, so I can't take a photo of the window slot. Also when you look at the new photo of the cam shoe, notice that the rivet to which the spring gets attached is missing too

Not sure if this enough to help you figure out my puzzle......if we have to, I could wait until I go back to NC to take more pictures.....

Thanks for your help

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 303EA669-B04C-498B-9947-7D23CF222DDB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F0F5544D-8B9A-4CDD-AB71-FF85E9D2A478.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A8D6B1F-3EBB-4E5A-8310-F36B3025FB97.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Oh, this is more than enough, trust me! Thank you for the thorough information.

So, right now, I'm convinced that our Series 795 is what you want for your window. The issue is that ours comes with a screw tab at the top instead of a hook, like yours. This presents us with a problem that has two solutions:

The first is that we custom make an S795-28 channel balance for you where we swap the screw tab out for our 15-198 hook. I can email you an order link and price quote that you can use to place an order for this balance.

The second solution depends on that slot I mentioned. We could avoid having to do a custom order entirely if the slot where that hook goes is square. If it's just a square hole, then you could pop in our 26-200 screw plug, which will allow the standard S795-28 to just screw in as normal.

Since we don't know what shape your slot is, and since you aren't in a position to look at it, we'll have to opt for the first solution. I can custom make a 28C S795-28 channel balance with a 15-198 hook on top. If you're interested, please let me know how many you need and I can shoot over that order link.

I believe the slot is more of an oblong rather than square

Will the new channel not have the twine that my hook is attached to? Yikes, I don't want to waste your time.

Not sure I understand 'how many'. I'm working with one window and its the left side that is broken
Profile picture of Bob

If the slot is round rather than square, then this will have to be a custom order. That's no big deal, it's a very simple procedure. We're just swapping out the top clip for a hook so that it will install in your window.

I'm not sure what you mean when you mention twine. What twine are you talking about? We're going to be sending you an S795-28, but we're swapping the clip out for a hook. That's all we're doing. Is there some detail in the S795-28 that makes you think it won't work? I thought it looked like a good match, but please let me know if there is a detail you'd like me to address.

When I ask you how many you need, I just mean how many balances you're looking to purchase. If only one balance broke, you could just purchase one. However, when one balance breaks then it usually means that the other side isn't far behind. You may want to consider replacing both, but it's up to you. The reason I need to ask for quantity now is because of the way we do custom orders: I have to preset the quantity ahead of time. All you need to do is let me know if you want to buy 1 or 2 balances. It's up to you.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.