WIndwo balance and shoe

A home owner from USA says:
don't know what make window this is but the bottom sash can tilt and the top sash goes only up and down very frustrated
Coil assembly and pivot shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The company that made your coil spring balance system has gone out of business. May I have the width and thickness of your pivot shoe? I'd also like to see the pivot bar from your sash, which goes in the pivot shoe. I will then recommend a replacement.
A home owner from USA says:
the window is 36x60. Here is a photo of the pivot bar. just a note to tell you I need whole assembly including coil cover
tilt pivot bar
Profile picture of Paul
The pivot shoe you can use with your pivot bar is our 15-180. The coil are Series 152 springs. You will need to get the stamped spring weight number from the old springs when ordering. You can use the 15-150D double coil spring support as a replacement, as well.
A quick learner says:
thank you paul but no marking on old coils just a number 7 on the shoe
Profile picture of Paul
You might have S152-7 springs, using them in a tandem, but that would be for a sash weighing around 28 lb. Are you able to weigh your sash and confirm?
A quick learner says:
HI PAUL HERE IS THE FINAL, THE WINDOW SASH OUT OF THE FRAME IS 32 INCHES WIDE AND WEIGHS 18 LBS.
THANK AGAIN
GREG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, perfect. I'm glad you weighed your sash, our S152-7 would be far too heavy. There are a couple options ahead of you. Basically, you want to divide the sash weight among how many springs you have. Since you have an 18 pound sash and 4 springs, you'd ideally want a spring that carries 4.5 pounds.

The bad news is, no such Series 152 spring is made. The closest we have is the S152-4, four of which could carry 16 pounds, and the S152-5, four of which can carry 20 pounds. The S152-5 is probably the better bet, but it may be too strong. You may ultimately want to consider just two S152-9 springs, two of which comfortably carry an 18 pound sash. You would use one on each side.
A quick learner says:
thank you for your help everything fit like a glove couldn't have done it without your help
thank you again
greg
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.