We need 2 parts listed below

A home owner from Vivian says:
We try to find these parts
1. Balance shoe for holding the window in place and when the window go up and down
2. Tilt latches
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EEB6E044-C6F6-42CF-80CD-A77C050BEE59.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D8333AC3-DC8E-4390-9CE1-7EE9A555CA58.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D317CCD2-8070-426B-84C1-84458B1AC5C8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6AC996F8-E8F7-4E54-BB99-65ACF13FFA07.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7229F522-1317-4BBB-8AF8-4C7A809F1225.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The shoe looks like a match for our 15-087 while the tilt latches look like our 26-243 and 26-244. We also sell the 26-040 pivot bar, if you needed it.

thanks-
Thanks for the reply

-is the 15-087 a universal one size fits all balance shoe? Are there different thicknesses? We heard there are 2 sizes of thickness. How would we know which one to pick?

-will the 26-040 fit with the 15-087? Most likely yes, but wanted to make sure. If we buy 26-040 and 15-087 together, for sure these will work for our window?

Thank you

Profile picture of Tom

There is no such thing as a universal part in any context, unfortunately. All window parts, regardless of brand, are pretty specific. Even the generic ones. 

You will need to compare the dimensions and photos we show on the store page in each case to your original parts to confirm that everything lines up. If they differ in any way, let me know and I'd be happy to see if I can find anything better. 

Ultimately you won't be able to get away without having to take some measurements yourself. Its unavoidable. Better to be safe than sorry.

The 26-040 and 15-087 are fully compatible, yes.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
a few more questions
1) When I try to find a new balance shoe, all I need to make sure is to measure the existing part's width and thinkness, I don't need to worry about the Height, is that correct?
2) Is it true as long as the new balance shoe has same width and thickness as our current window's, the style doesn't really matter, we can get any kind, as long as we also get new compatible pivot bar.
3) Is your item 26-083 compatible with 15-087? our current pivot bar has 2 screws (See the picture)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6942.JPG
A home owner from Seattle, Washington says:
Hi again,
Finally we have a chance to measure the balance shoe of our current window, which is 1 and 1/4" wide, 5/8" deep. is it compatible with your 15-087? If yes, above our current balance shoe, there is a stopper, I guess to stop the window from going too high (the picture shows the left side), Do we need to worry about buying a compatible stopper? Or the new shoe will work without stopper?
Also by comparing our current pivot bar (See the picture), looks like same as your 26-063, So, is 15-087 compatible with 26-063?
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6982.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6942.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! Yes, the width and thickness of the shoe are the most important dimensions. Height doesn't matter. That said we do not have a 5/8" version of the 15-087. I recommend that you triple check that to be 100% sure. Your original shoe looks like a dead ringer for the 15-087 and I've really never seen this in 5/8".

There are some cases where you can change your pivot shoe style, but I always recommend against it. Especially in your situation. The 15-087 shoe is unique in that the coil spring actually goes inside of it; it's half housing, half shoe. You really should just stick with this style instead of trying something different.

Both the 26-083 and 26-063 are compatible with the 15-087. They both have the same tip size, which is 5/16" x 3/16". Pretty much any pivot bar with that kind of U shaped tip can work with this shoe. At this point it's just a matter of you figuring out what the hole placement is. We have detailed dimensions on our site for each bar that you can use as a reference for that. 

I'm not sure what a stopper is in this case. Are you talking about the 16-024 bracket? You can either reuse the one you have now or just buy a new 16-024.

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.