Willmar 298 metal clad vertical slider

A handy person from Onalaska Wisconsin says:
I need replacement parts shown in above photo.
This is the slider that allows you to remove the window from the frame when the window is in the horizontal position. When in the vertical position it retains the window.
The data in the subject area is from the sticker on the window frame.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings from SWISCO. Our 15-175 pivot shoe should be able to replace your existing one. Look over the measurements just to be sure. These are used with the Series 152 coil springs. In order to know which one to go with, we will need for you to get back to us with the stamped number that appears on your coil. The other photos you attached shows an installation screw to hold the window frame to the house. For the other parts mentioned, we placed some media guides on this page should you need any further assistance. 

I also need a couple of these.

OK, I AM READY TO ORDER PARTS ONCE WE FIGURE OUT WHAT SPRING I NEED.

THE ONLY THING I CAN FIND ON THE SPRING IS ?DL? arranged vertically right above the screw going into the window pivot, also my springs are a double roll where you only show a single roll in above photos, must I unroll the spring in order to find some other spring number?

Also is there a difference between the left and right side springs and coil balance shoe? It appears to me there is.

I want to order 4 of the pivot brackets shown above this thread, that mount on the bottom of the windows.

I think I will order 8 of the COIL BALANCE SHOES WITH SPRINGS once we figure out the proper part numbers.

Thanks for your help,

Norm 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for contacting us. Like Paul said before, we recommend our 15-175 shoe and Series 152 coil spring. I think you might need our S152-4, based on your stamp, but you should weigh your sash just to be sure. Each S152-4 spring carries 4 pounds each, so having two on each side adds up to 16 pounds of support. That should be how much your sash weighs. 

There is no difference between the left or right side. The 15-175 shoe and S152-4 spring works on either side interchangeably.

We weren't able to find that pivot shoe, unfortunately. The manufacturer suggests using the 26-423 as a substitute, but you will have to cut off the top bent arm and the bottom angle bracket.

Thanks for the info, we are getting there!
I weighed my windows and the bottom slider weighs 25lbs, quite a bit more than the 16lbs you suggest above, do I still go with 2 S152-4 springson each side?

Norm
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That is pretty heavy! We may need to fudge the numbers a bit. You have two options: you can use two S152-6 springs on each side, which adds up to 24 pounds. That will be a little bit weaker than your old springs. The other option is using one S152-6 and one S152-7 on each side. This will carry 26 pounds, which is a little bit stronger.

Will one pound make a difference? Probably not. But you can never be too sure in this industry. In a worst case scenario, weak balances can't support a sash and it will droop a little when you open it, while strong balances won't let you close it. 

But again, I don't think you need to worry about either circumstance. I don't think 1 pound either way is going to do anything.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.