Windo Channel Balance Confirmation

Home Owner from Greenville SC
May 18, 2020 3:35 pm

I just placed an order for the S795-34C part I thought would work in my window.

I am noticing a few little differences though... It looks like my cam is an open cam and I have a hook for the top.

I want to make sure I ordered the correct part and/or see if I need to add any additional parts.

Can you help?

Thank you.

SusanĀ 

window window1 window2 Window3
4 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 20, 2020 2:27 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

This balance is certainly similar to our S795-34 but ours installs with a screw tab rather than a hook. Depending on the shape of the cut out in your jamb, you may be able to adapt your window to use the S795 with the 26-200 screw plug. 

Also, we'll need to know the width of the t-lock shoe since yours appears to be on the smaller side. Our balances come with the 1-1/4" 15-195 but we also have a smaller, 1" 15-194 shoe. Both of these are closed cams, but we also have the 15-195B open cam shoe that can be swapped out.

Take a look and see if you can use the parts I mentioned to adapt the balance you purchased. If necessary, you can always return the S795 balances and we can custom make balances for you once we know exactly what you need. Thank you!

Home Owner from Greenville SC
May 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Thanks Casey. I will test out the ones that shipped today and see how they work and/or what is needed to make them work. I have other window I will be ordering replacements for. Thank you again.
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 21, 2020 7:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

We're happy to help. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts