Window Balance Part

A handy person from Chicago IL says:
I need replacement window balances for a double hung window.
I need the three springs, balances, etc...all parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2970 2.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. Unfortunately, that sticker does not tell me what you have. We need photos of the balance itself, ideally out of the window. We may need more information and photos after that, but I have to know what to ask for, first. Just something to keep in mind.

Here are pictures of the window balances in the windows.
I'm hopeful that is all you need. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0932.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0933.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks. You're showing me the cover here, but that only really tells part of the story. We need to see the whole thing, which is why we like to see it out of the window. Would it at least be possible to see the pivot shoe that the springs attach to? Can you also tell me how thick the springs are?

I had a significant problem taking out the parts as they are all damaged and falling apart. They didn't survive removal.

Hopefully you can make some identification of these parts from the attached piuctures.

I measured the overall size of the 4 1/2" long by 1 1/8 wide.

If I had to guess from looking at other posts, I would suspect that I need this part 15-205, which is at:
https://www.swisco.com/Coil-Triple-Support/pd/Sash-Support-Coil-Balance-Accessories/15-205

This part shows 1 1/4 width, but it is at a flared section at the outside of the part only at the ends. The run of the part seems to be narrower.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3031.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3036.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3034.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3032.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm still not sure how thick your springs are. That is a very important determining factor when trying to get a match for that cover.

I can tell you that your pivot shoe is the 15-199, which is compatible with 1/2" thick and 3/8" thick springs. If they're 3/8" thick, then the 15-205 would be my recommendation, yes.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.