Window Channel Balance

A home owner from North Carolina says:
Hello -

I need to replace two window channel balances but didn't see any on your website that match mine.

Thanks,
Carissa
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.25 inch Balance Shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Carissa. This looks like a Series 795 Channel Balance to me. Please confirm that the length of the metal channel is 27"; if so, the S795-27 looks promising. We just need to confirm a few things:

• Confirm that the T-Lock Shoe on your old balances resembles the shoe that comes by default with the Series 795, our 15-195 1-1/4" T-Lock Shoe.
  • As you may have noticed, your balance attaches to the window track with a hook at its top, while our standard Series 795 balances attach via a screw-on tab. We can custom build these balances with a 15-198 hook attached for you without issue. There may be another solution, however. Can you show us the slot in the window track to which these hooks attach? Its shape may give us another option. 

From there, we'll do our best to wind this down for you. Thanks.

A home owner from North Carolina says:
The length of the metal channel is 27". The T-Lock Shoe on my old balance does look like the 15-195 1-1/4" T-Lock Shoe.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me. Good news! Since you have a square-shaped hole in the window track, you can just use our 26-200 Screw Plug to install the new balances. Just insert the screw plug into that hole, and you can then screw in the top of the Series 795 to it. So you just need that screw plug, along with the S795-27 with a stamp option of 27B. The 15-195 comes by default with the Series 795. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.