Window Part Identification - Need Help With

A handy person from Chicago, IL says:
Hello, I need some help identifying parts to fix several windows in my home. The issue(s) I am having is with regard to difficulty opening or lack of the window staying open without being propped up.

I have attached two pictures. The first "Broken Part" shows one of the items damaged on the window. In that picture from the top of the white plastic piece to the bottom (round rusted/broken tab) is 2 inches. The broken tab would connect to the bottom of the window.

The second picture shows the only alphanumeric information I can find on the windows. It is "TRA 11-83" and is located on the frame near the window pane. The home was built in 1985 so I am wondering if that simply means the window frames were from November of 1983. I cannot figure out what TRA might mean or if it is helpful.

Any help would be appreciated as I have 7 windows that i need to replace these parts on.

Thank you
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like a problem with the balance. Looks like you have a Spiral type balance. I'm going to guess that you have our Series 600 spiral balance, which has a 5/8" diameter tube. Is that accurate? Also see the video below to see how this hardware installs. For the shoe and pivot bar, see our 15-046 and 26-040, respectively.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)