Window won't stay up - broken window shoe

A home owner from St Louis says:
I believe the window shoes need replacement because the part at the top of the shoe that hooks to the balance has broken and the balance retracted to the top of the window channel (hopefully I'm using the right terminology). I think the part I need is 1-1/4" T-LOCK BALANCE SHOE, CLOSED CAM (Product Code: 15-195), but wanted to make sure before ordering. On the broken part I have it has the following markings:

PAT #'s 6,679,000
D467.490

The part that locks the window in place is two little metal prongs on both sides of the shoe. On the replacement part that yours shows is two white tabs that I assume push out. Just want to make sure the replacement part will actually keep our window up. Thanks.
User submitted photos of a balance shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the 15-195 will not work. Your shoe has a deep grove in the stem that renders the 15-195 incompatible. You will need an all new Series 795 balance.
Here is a picture of the clips at the top of my balances that need replacing. I cannot tell from the picture of the new Series 795 balance if that is a similar clip or do I need to order another clip.
channel balance end
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. We will need to custom make a Series 795 balance with a 15-198 hook at the top. Before we begin, can you tell me the length of the metal channel? Can you also tell me what the stamp reads? Finally, how many did you need?
Custom made?!? That sounds expensive!

I have two different size metal channels. The first is 28" in length, has 28C stamped on it and I would need 4 of them. The second is 20" in length, has 20B stamped on it and I would need 2 of them.
Profile picture of Tom
Don't worry, they're not that much more expensive. Do both balances have the same 15-195 shoe and 15-198 hook? I'll send you a custom order link and price quote for each assuming that they do. If they are different, though, let me know.
A home owner from St. Louis, MO says:
Dear Tom,

I need 2 of the same thing that you custom made as above. My shoe has the deep grove in the stem which makes the 15-195 incompatable. I also have the 15-198 hook at the top. It is 28" long and the stamp is 28C.

Thanks for your help, Gerry in St. louis
Profile picture of Tom

You got it, Gerry! I'll shoot that over right now.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.