casement window parts

A quick learner from West Orange, NJ says:

Hello!

I am missing some handles and a few of the windows no longer open correctly, so I'll need the whole operator. They are vinyl and once I unscrewed the plate, it just slipped through a slot in the window frame. The measurement from roughly the center of the operator to the center of the hole at the end of the arm is 13".

Please let me now if there are additional measurements you need to help find the part. I have one on each side of a picture window and so I have windows that open to the left and to the right. So I'll need sets- or at least one of each.

Thank you!

Phaedra

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9175.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9176.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9179.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9180.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window-crank-front1st-4.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the specifications of the 39-013 and 39-014 operators, which use the 39-114L handle, to your original hardware. Thanks for posting! 

I don't think that is quite right. The arm is 13 1/2, but ours is 13 1/16" long (as best I can tell). Also the width of the part that stays on the inside of the window where the handle is attached is only 3 3/4" but ours is 5 3/16". The widest screw holes on this one is 3", that would align with the center holes on ours, but ours only has 3 screw holes on each side aligned in a straight line (instead of the 4 on this model).

Any chance there is something else that would fit?

Thank you!
Phaedra
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Upon closer inspection, it looks like your operator might be a closer match to the 39-399. This has the same arm length but please note that the arm is measured from the center of the gear to the end of the arm as shown below. 

The opposite-handed version would be the 39-400 and they both use the 39-232 handle. 

Alternate image for 39-399
Alternate image for 39-399

The clip that attaches the arm to the window looks right, but that one has a rounded cover around the handle, and ours is straight. Are there dimensions somewhere for it? I didn't see them on the page for 39-400.

If I can't find the exact replacement, then would it be possible to get parts (the internal gears, I think is what is not working) to repair the ones we have. I definitely need a couple of handles too.

Thank you!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

We actually came across another operator like yours recently. We don't have an exact match since it looks like your assembly has the base of a Truth operator like the ones that Casey originally recommended but the clip at the end of the straight arm looks like the Roto operators. 

Unfortunately, we were unable to find a replacement operator with the same specifications. I do think that the 39-399 Roto operator could work for you but you would need to adapt the sill cover so that it would fit. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.