casement windows hardware

A quick learner from Englishtown, New Jersey says:

my windows are 25 year old. Most are in good shape, but 6-8 of them need replacement hardware. My operators are 39-013 and 39-014. They are in good shape. I want to replace all hardware on the bottom part of the window, but not the top. I believe that the right hinges are 10". My window size is 25" x 50".

Is that all I need.

And how to remove the hinges if the screws are very rusted and not moving even when applying penetrating silicon?

Am I right to drill old screws out and placing new brackets/hinges in the same old position but by drilling new holes in between the original holes?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220803_134000.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220803_134026.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220805_121643.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220805_122943.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, it looks like you need new hinges. I believe our 36-048 should work fine but you will need to replace the top and bottom at the same time to ensure a symmetrical operation. The video below will go into more information in regards to installation.

A quick learner from Englishtown, New Jersey says:
Tom, thank you.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.