channel balance 30 DS 43

A home owner from USA says:
Hi, I have about five windows that have not been working well. The photos attached are for one balance. It is 31 inches long,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I can see the bottom attachment, but to identify what balance you need we will also need to see the top attachment. Please also give me the weight of the sash. Finally, please give me the depth of the bottom attachment shown in your first picture. This is the "heel to toe" measurement. Thanks!
Hi Tom,
I did not understand what is meant by the "weight of the sash". please explain.
you have the information about the first window where the satamp reads 30DS 43. I attached other information regarding two other windows. in all the windows in my house, all upper ends are the same. also all lower ends look the same including the 30DS 43 window. the length of the channel without the ends is 31 inches on all of them. there is a stamp that says 3090 BSI JM 34. another windows says 3040.
more photos attached
also I would like some of the hooks as shown in the photos

thank you
Profile picture of Tom
The sash is the glass panel that moves up and down in the frame. The balances support the sash and keep it up when it's raised, so the balance springs have to be calibrated to match how heavy the sash is. In order to determine the proper spring strength for your 30DS and 3090 balances, we need to know how heavy each sash is. You can do this by removing it from the window and placing it on a scale.

You did not give me the depth of the shoe, but based on your pictures I would suggest looking at our Series 395 channel balance. This may be a match.
A quick learner from tempe, AZ says:
the sash weight 26.5 lbs. some times the scale would read 28 lbs or even 29 lbs.
is it better to get a balance that would hold 30 lbs or more for all?
A quick learner from tempe, AZ says:
Also, which hooks, that stops the sash, do we need as a replacement
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. I would recommend either our 3040 (23 through 28 pounds) or 3050 (28 through 32 pounds) stamp options. You really should get an exact weight, since it is possible to have a balance that is too strong.

As for the hook you mentioned, I think that would b e our 16-002 take-out clip.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.