coil balance # 18 (photo match)

A quick learner from stoughton, ma says:
no mark on spring have on mark on lock wherepin from window locks in. (8R)
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Could we have you upload photos of the coil spring system in question? We will take a look over and get back to with some recommendations on a replacement. 

I also encourage you to look over the coil springs we offer here.

i will have to wait for my daughter to do photos. your spring #180 looks like mine - it is about 40 inches long 7/16 inches wide - one of the slides where the bottom of the window (pin) sits in has a mark 8r the other side 8l - my spring also has two holes one end only (top end)- the widows are reliabilt - by survivor technologies, inc. model #7100 - built about 2002.

the end of coil spring just pushes into the piece the window connects to, it goes in about 20 inches.

Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for the additional information. If the coil spring is 7/16" thick, then I believe our Series 180, which happens to be 15/32" thick, could be a strong possibility for consideration. We will need to see the spring and pivot to give the ultimate confirmation. So far, I think you are on the right track.

please see photos.

thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CIMG4554.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CIMG4556.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CIMG4557.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CIMG4552.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CIMG4553.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for replying back with your photos. For your coil balance system set-up, take a look at our 16-024 mounting bracket, and 15-087 coil housing. These can be used with the S180-8 coil spring. Look over all the parts and see if these would make for good replacements. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.