crestline window cranks

A quick learner from Dyer, Indiana says:

I have crestline windows that were installed in 2001. Truth is stamped on the hardware and they are dual arm however the ones i saw on the site do not connect to the bracket that is on the window. Please help if you can.

thanks for your help.

george

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW 5.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi George, thank you for writing in. See our 39-253LB and 39-253RB. Review their dimensions to see if these could work for you. 

Hi Julie - thanks for your response. I did look at this one however where the smaller arm (two piece) attaches to the window it looks like it goes into a third arm that is attached to the window with a bracket underneath. the second arm is riveted to the third one that is attached to the bracket. Does that make any sense to you? you can see it in one of the pictures i attached. I can take another photo if not clear or if there is and extension piece I can buy to replace that third arm.

thanks
george

Profile picture of Casey

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean. The smaller link arm goes into a bracket like our 39-545 and 39-546. The other arm below that is part of a hinge assembly, such as our 36-048. I hope that clears things up.

Hi Julie,

Finally got around to looking at the window again and you are correct sorry for the confusion. My last question - is there a clip to attach the snap bracket to the second arm?

thanks for all your help.

george

Profile picture of Casey

Hi George. The link arm on the 39-253LB and 39-253RB snaps on to the stud bracket; there is no clip necessary. However, the straight arm does use our 39-529 slider. I recommend taking a look at the slider at the end of your long arm. If looks like a square, then you are all set to use our 39-529. If it is more rectangular with two holes, then you likely need our 39-438B and 39-439B. Take a look at the video below for more information about these parts.

Got it - thank you so much for your help greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the holidays!

george
Profile picture of Casey

It’s my pleasure. Thank you for choosing SWISCO.com. We really appreciate your business and hope you will consider us for your future hardware replacement needs.

How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.