The channel is 37" long, Please let me know which hardware you'd recommend
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3276.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3280.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3279.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3278 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but your balances will need to be a custom order since they use the 15-224 inverted link and the 15-198 hook attached to the end of the pulley cord, which does not come with the stock S795 channel balance (37D) that we'll use as the base for your replacements. We'll just need to know the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two, to send over an order link and price quote. We also offer the 15-216 pivot shoe shown below that is commonly used with the 15-224 inverted link. Thank you! 

Alternate image for 15-216
Alternate image for 15-216

A quick learner from New orleans says:
Hi there, thanks so much for the response and information. Glad to know we have replacement options.

We have 4 windows in the kitchen of our old but new to us house that all need new hardware? before placing an order for replacement parts I wanted to ask if you'd recommend any alternative hardware because it seems like what we had wasn't working and all 4 windows have failed hardware at this point..

We will do both sides on all 4 windows so we'll need 8 sets.

Thanks so much,

Adam
Additionally, we are wondering if the tension on the string was set too high and fatigued the string too much. Is the tension adjustable?
Profile picture of Casey

We do not recommend trying to use a different type of balance since the window manufacturers choose the hardware for their windows based on a variety of factors. Trying to modify something else to work for your window could cause damage or issues long term. 

The tension in channel balances is not adjustable but I can tell you that the 37D strength code on your original balance will support a window sash between 27-32 lbs. If you're not sure if the current balances had the correct spring strength, I would recommend confirming the exact sash weight to ensure that the fall within the supported weight range. 

Hi Casey 27ish lbs sounds about correct so you can go ahead and put together an order for 4 full replacement hardware sets (four windows both sides) So 8 all together.

Thanks so much,

Adam
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. If the window sash weighs exactly 27 pounds, you could also use 37C strength options, which will support between 22-27 lbs. If you would prefer to go with the lighter strength option, just let us know and we will be able to send over your order link and price quote. Keep in mind that it is important to confirm the exact sash weight to ensure that the strength options that you choose will properly support the window. 

Also based on the photos I shared do you think the 27-32 lb sash weight looks correct? i know it's hard to tell without weighing it, but if the channel hardware is coded for 27-32 and it looks about right, I'm comfortable ordering the replacement parts without re-weighing the sashes.
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we can't determine which weight range your sash would fall in based on photos. With that being said, we sent you an order link and price quote for the eight balances with the same 37D strength option as your originals. It is possible that your original hardware may just be older and in need of replacement. If you suspect that the balances were always too strong for the windows, weighing the sash would be the only way to confirm and is recommended since these custom balances are not eligible to be returned for a refund. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.