need new coil balance

A home owner from Fairfax County, VA says:
I need to replace coil balance for slide-up window(bottom) of 32.5(width) and 35(height), but are not sure which one would fit. In the attached pics, the coil balance is 1.75 inch wide, 3 inch long, and the pivot bar 2.5 inch long, round end. Could you help me find the right coil balance for my window (Couldn't identify window brand or product name)? Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil_balance.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom_window.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We sell a ton of different balance types, so I'm confident that we have what you need. However I cannot see enough of your assembly to make a recommendation. I need to see the pivot shoe. Would that be possible?

In the meantime, I can at least suggest a replacement pivot bar. Yours is a match for our 26-466. This is compatible with a few different pivot shoes but not enough to narrow it down quite yet. A photo will still be necessary.

Thanks for the response. Attached is pivot shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivotshoe.png
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That's a huge help. What you have there is our 15-177, which means you can use our Series 152 coil spring to replace your original. You will just need the stamp off of the old one to pick the right weight option.

The cover is unfortunately not something we sell. We have an alternative, but it's actually 3 parts sold separately that all work together: the 15-143 bushing, 15-144 cap, and 15-145 barrel. These sort of "sandwich" over the spring and work as a cartridge. You will need all three of these for each individual spring.

Alternatively, if your covers are still in working condition, you can simply just reuse them. I just happened to note that yours is cracked so I'm not sure how feasible that is.

Great! By the way, I can't find stamp info for coil spring, so I measured the weight of bottom sash, which is 24.7 lbs. Which coil spring should I buy?
Profile picture of Tom

Since you have four springs in total (two per side), I would suggest the 6 pound option S152-6. That will give you 24 pounds of support total. You won't miss that extra .7 pounds.

Thanks for swift responses, very helpful. will order soon.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.