replacement coil balance

A handy person from Brooklyn says:
Hi my name is Jacqie I need a new balance. The shoe #5704,165 thanks again
User submitted a photo of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid the company that made your shoe is no longer in business. I believe our 15-177 could still work, though. Just make sure the dimensions are the same; yours should be 1-1/4" wide by 9/16" thick. Also, I can't see your pivot bar, so I'm not sure if your old one can work. If it has two prongs sticking out (if I remember correctly), you will need to file them off to fit the new shoe.
A quick learner says:
Hi Paul, thank you soo much for responding. The pin that was in the window broke and and I will need to locate the pivot bar. I will submit a picture of the pin from inside of the window
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
I think we can find something. Can you tell me the distance from the tip of the "T" that goes into the shoe to the center of the first screw hole? This will allow us to find a functional substitute. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
Ok I will get back to you soon thanks so much
have a bless day
A quick learner says:
One more thing am I able to use the same coils without looking the tension
Profile picture of Paul
You should be able to, but just in case you can give us the number printed on the springs and we can make a suggestion. You may not need it, but it may be good information to have just in case. Also, make sure to double check the width and thickness of the old pivot shoe. Hope to hear back from you soon!
A quick learner says:
It's a 6 stamped on it. What is the significance of the the number? Does it have to do with the weight of the window? When I get home I will get that information for you
Profile picture of Paul
Yes, the 6 tells us how much weight each individual coil can support; 6 pounds, not surprisingly! So if you have two springs marked with 6, they can hold up a 12 pound sash. If you have four, they can hold up a 24 pound sash, etc. Let me know the rest of the information at your earliest convenience.
A quick learner says:
Hi Paul how are you today. I was a ble to get some measurements for you. Also if I take the coils off of the old shor will the spring out on me and is there a way to keep that from happening when I place them on the new shoe. I also looked at the other coil and it has a 5 marked on it
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for the photos. Thinking this over, I believe our 15-175 pivot shoe would be a better choice so that you can reuse your coil springs if they aren't broken. If they are, you can still use the 15-175 with the S152-5 and S152-6 coil springs. You will need a new pivot bar to go with the 15-175 pivot shoe, since the old pivot bar won't fit. From your photo, our 26-030 looks like it will match your screw holes and the 15-175 shoe.
A quick learner says:
ok. So I am going to order one set for now. What is the return or exchange policy. In case it doesn't work. I most likely won't return it.
Profile picture of Paul
Great, let us know how it works! See our Return Policy for more info on returning items.
A quick learner says:
Does the hole piece come assembled or do we attach the coils ourselves.
Profile picture of Paul
Since the individual components are sold separately you will have to assemble it yourself. However, it's fairly simple. The coil just screws on the shoe.
A quick learner says:
Do I change my coil support balance
Profile picture of Paul
Only if they're broken. The great thing about this hardware is that you only need to replace the parts as needed. If your coils work fine, then there's no reason why you can't reuse them.
A quick learner says:
Ok. Paul thank you sooo much once I receive my order and install it I will get back to you And let you know what happens. I am very grateful for all of your help. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Jacqie
A quick learner from Brooklyn says:
Hi Paul, sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I was waiting for someone to take the Window out for me and put the piece in but. It hasn't happened yet. If I knew how to take the window out, I would do it. The main window that I want open is my kithen window. It doesn't go up or down. Trying to find someone that can help. Any help you can give would be great. Have a safe memorial weekend
A quick learner from brooklyn says:
Hi Paul, I wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Everything worked out perfect.You made the process so easy for me and my husband. With both of us not having the time to take off work to mess with the windows, was a plus. My only downfall is i needed to order the wheels for inside the coils. But i will be placing another order for additional parts and i will purchase the wheels.Once again thank you soo much for your efforts and patience. It was greatly appreciated. Jacqie
Profile picture of Paul
It was my absolute pleasure. If you need anything else, feel free to ask. I'm always here to help.
A quick learner from Brooklyn says:
Will do. Thanks
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.