screen door spring

A quick learner says:
I would be buying the 86-021 spring for a thirty year old screen door. Is this spring the right one? Are they universal? Do you carry exterior door handles for the storm door itself? Mine is old and tanished. Also wondering IF originally this ssliding Pella door didn't have some type of weather stripping between slider and stationary part of door, If so mine is missing and would like to replace. Diane in KCKansas
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This spring is for a sliding screen door not a storm door. Take a look at the storm door section for the hardware you need. SWISCO does carry a replacement storm door chain and here is the installation guide for the 40-036 storm door chain: I am not sure if Pella sliding doors had any weather stripping but you can take a look at the weather stripping catalog section.
How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.