this 2" part

A home owner from Golden Valley, MN says:
This is a 2"long, 3/4" wide part possibly called a terminal clip, tension cord hook or channel balance clip.
Via a hole at the top, it attaches to the end of the tension cord that runs through the channel balance. The metal clip then slips into a groove in the sash allowing removal of the window from the sash. The plastic housing has broken on 6 of my windows. The cords are still in the channel. I just need replacement clips.
Can you help? I have no manufacturer's name on the windows. There is a pat. #
on my sashes if that would help.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We don't have an exact match, but see our 62-105 and 15-198 and let me know if either of these could work.
A home owner from golden valley, mn says:
You don't have anything with a housing similar to the plastic one that my hook is in, correct? If not, could you give me the dimensions for 62-105?
In order to attach it to the cord, there needs to be a hole in the end opposite the hook.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have anything with that housing, no. We've seen it in the past but never had any luck finding a match. As for the 62-105, the hook is 9/32" wide, 7/8" tall and the hole is 1/4" from the bottom up.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)