tilt sash vinyl window balances

A handy person from Galveston, TX says:
Hi,
I need 16 of the attached window balances with shoes and pins for the panes. They measure 1/2" by 27". Half of them are stamped 27A and the other half stamped 27B. I assume that means Left/Right side.

Neither the windows nor the balance assemblies have any other identifying names, model/serial #'s or markings of any kind. I don't know the exact window weight, but they seem to be about 5 - 10 lbs. They are not hurricane rated. Six of them are double paned 29" x 29" windows. The other two are the same, but half the width at about 15".

The top of the balance has a hook/clip connected by window shade cord to the block and tackle assembly. This clip fits into a small slot in the window frame at the top with the bottom shoe of the balance fitting into a pin screwed into the bottom side of the window to allow tilting the window out.

I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and this area has a highly corrosive salty atmosphere. The previous owner never, or rarely ever, opened them. The pins screwed into the bottom side of the window panes have completely rusted out and no longer exist. I literally have to remove the entire pane from the frame to open the window. Drilling the remaining rusted fragments out will not be fun.

I will eventually also need 8 x 19" assemblies for 4 smaller 33" x 16" windows in the back of the condo.

Any chance you have a quantity order discount available?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_balance1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_balance2.jpg
A handy person from Galveston, TX says:
I have since been able to identify the 27A balances as being the ones from the two narrower windows, approx. 15" x 29". The 27B balances are from the six 29" square windows. They appear to closely resemble your S795-27 balances; even the shoe seems to be identical. The only difference is the attachment of the cord at the top of the block and tackle assembly. Your product image shows a small tab that screws into the window frame whereas mine has an angled clip tab that fits in a pre-existing slot.

I was also able to find these somewhat intact stickers on the frame of a couple of the windows. Hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window1.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! I agree with your assessment; your old balance is a match for our S795-27, but with a 15-198 hook at the top of the cord instead of the usual screw tab. We can supply this configuration but it will have to be a custom order since it's not stock.

Before we go any further, can you confirm exactly how many balances of each stamp you need? I assume it's 8 of the 27B and 8 of the 27B, but I want to be 100% sure.

Lastly, I wanted to address the pivot bar, which you said is too corroded to ID. The Series 795 is unfortunately compatible with about a half million different kinds of pivot bars, so we won't be able to make a confident recommendation, but there are two common pairings: the 26-021 and 26-366. I cannot guarantee that either will match your original but they're at least worth considering.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.