vinyl plate that the spiral balance is screwed into

A home owner from charlotte, NC says:
I think that I need to buy a couple of window 31" tubular spiral tile window balance red bushing. It is hard to open the window. Does that mean they just need cleaned, or do I need to replace them?

At the top of the tube and behind the tube, where the tube is attached to the window with a screw, do you have the vinyl piece that snaps into the window. I need to order a couple of these balances, or clean them well, but I also need to find out if it comes with, or if I can order the vinyl snap-in piece because while I removed one of the balances, I broke the plastic plate. Without it, I have nothing screw into, and secure the balance to the window. It is just a little piece, but the window won't work without that snap-in plate

I attached a picture with the associated screw. The blue tape is holding the part together.

Thanks,
Rob
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Rob. You may just need to adjust the tension, since you have spiral balances. Check out our guides below, for a tilt window and non-tilt window, respectively. If charging your balances doesn't work, though, then it may be time to replace them.

As for the vinyl screw plug, your pictures didn't upload but could it be something like our 26-200? I don't know if it's the same as yours, but it certainly serves the same function. Could you use that in your window?
A quick learner from Charlotte, NC says:
I attached a picture of the screw plug. In any case, I think you got the right part. You are amazing
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yep, that looks like it alright. I appreciate your praise! I certainly try to be amazing.
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.