window balance shoe

A handy person from eagle, wi says:
I was told by the builder, Bielinski, that my windows are your product. On one of them the balance shoe is broken. I don't know what to order nor do I know how to replace it once I get the part. I've been in industrial maintenance since 1973 so I can handle it if I know the procedure. I tried to find a video on your site but couldn't and the written procedure assumed I must have done this before plus I wasn't sure it was applicable to my windows.

Please see the pictures to help you identify what I need to order. In those you'll see the assembly has 31B stamped into it and the frame has a label... "Series 9103 vinyl sh, PL#050-116"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220202_150537.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220202_150544.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220202_150703.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220202_150713.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220202_150720.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It looks like you may have our S751-32 ribbed channel balance. This comes attached with the 15-014 by default so you'll have to remove your shoe from the window to determine if you have this or not. If it doesn't look the same or if you're unsure, show us a picture of the shoe removed from the window and we can work from there. 

Your "31B" stamp doesn't match any of our spring strength options, however. Can you weigh your sash and tell me the weight? 

We also have a video that demonstrates the installation process for this type of balance, which I will post below. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.