window coil balance replacement parts

A handy person from Alabama says:
Can't find any names or number on the windows. House was build in 2005.
window balance
Sorry for the poor picture that doesn't show all of the system I have.

After disassembling the parts and reading your site further, it looks like what I have can be replaced with a 15-177 coil balance shoe and two 5 lb series 152 coil balances per side. The current coils have hooked ends that stack and hook into the shoe. It appears that your system would require a screw to attach the coils to the shoe. Which screws would I need?

Could I just go with 10 lb series 140 quick-tilt series, left and right? It is a single hung tilt window that weighs 20 lbs.

Looking forward to your response.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! If you're replacing both the shoe and the springs, then you don't need to worry about how the springs attach to the shoes. Assuming that the 15-177 is the same size and style as the shoe you have now, then the Series 152 should work fine. These screw right to the side of it.
What size screws does it take?

Could I just go with 10 lb series 140 quick-tilt series, left and right? It is a single hung tilt window that weighs 20 lbs.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The S140-10 may work, but you will need to replace the pivot bar with either the 26-398 or 26-405. The distance from the end that goes in the pivot shoe to the screw hole you are using is what you want to match. That said, we usually recommend just sticking with what you have to avoid any complications.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.