window pin is broken

A home owner from Bonita Springs, Fl. says:
The pin that connects the moving window to the pivot shoe has broken on many of my windows. What should I order? Is the stub romovable and replacabel? I appreciate your help. Stephen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help you, but I'm not sure what you should order. Can you please take a few pictures of the pin in question? That will help us find a good match.
A quick learner from Bonita Springs, Florida says:
Reference numer D6306. Thank you for the response. I am sending the requested pictures.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! The pivot shoe looks similar to our 15-046, but you should carefully compare the dimensions we show to your own just to make sure they match. As for the pivot bar, it is very hard to say without seeing an undamaged sample. I think it could possibly be our 26-040. Does that look familiar?

You may also want to look at our Series 600 balance, in case you ever need to replace that, as well.
A quick learner from Bonita Springs, Florida says:
RE: D6306 and D37460
Thank you for the information. I think that I could make 26-040 work for me, but I am sending more information to you in the hope of finding an exact match.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Perfect! Yes, I think our 26-040 looks very close. Just make sure to triple check your dimensions to ensure that they match.
A quick learner from Bonita Springs says:
Not sure which part will fit. The top looks correct, but the shoe looks wrong. Size is 1/2 X 29, non tilt. Numbers printed on balance are: 28 3 BW CMC 5. We will need two. Thank you for your help. The piece that broke was the hook on the bottom.
User submitted photos of window balances.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.