18 year old Simonton Window Balance

A home owner from North Myrtle Beach SC says:

I'm in need of balance assembly for my 18 year old double hung windows. After hours on the phone with Simonton it turns out they shipped the wrong size. I have attached pics of all parts as well as Simonton window identifier numbers. Please advise if you carry theses and the price. Thanks in advance.

Dan

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BE1E2EB3-B4A6-4279-B6E1-9F53FDFCB345.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B6013FCD-DBF4-4A73-8E36-C21F5B0D7B40.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8AC4FC24-5BDB-438A-89DF-8BA5D7C49EAB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 94C44F60-AF91-4C06-9C39-7F2C745470B2.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Dan. This looks like a 15-199 Pivot Shoe, which uses either our 1/2" thick Series 160 Coil Balances, or our 3/8" thick Series 165. You'll need to remove your existing assembly and compare the spring thickness to confirm. See the video below that shows how to remove and replace these type of systems. 

A home owner from North Myrtle Beach SC says:
Thanks Bob, I will confirm the spring type before ordering. Do you have a part number for the plastic coil covers as well?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes. If you end up needing three coils per side, see our 15-150T for the Series 160 springs, or the 15-205 for the Series 165 springs. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.