Alside coil balance

A home owner from Ohio says:
Alside double hung window. The coil balance broke on the left side jamb. Need recommendations on replacement part(s). I have seen a video on your site suggesting S152-7? Not sure if I need just the coil or if I should replace all components? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1280ED01-0B19-45CD-84E2-00B94AA8F544.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E9F8B51A-9463-4591-9B37-46862F6D05FB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B3F5C276-B8A4-4D69-B1B3-677F8B650399.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BEC3BCED-4FC0-4820-B6E8-647F23B9A549.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. It appears you have the 15-177 Pivot Shoe, which does interface with our Series 152 Coil Balances. To know what spring weights to select, look for stamps on the coils, usually near the tongue. If there are none or you're uncertain, give me the exact weight of the window sash and I can work out what you need. 

Coil balance systems like this are modular, meaning you only need to replace the broken components; though when some parts break, it's a sign the whole system might be wearing down and it thus may behoove you to replace everything. Let me know if you have further questions. 

A home owner from Ohio says:
Thank you. I see a "6K" stamped on the coil. Can I also buy the covers that go over the coils in the jamb?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

For a coil stamped '6', use the S152-6 6 pound spring. We carry covers for the coil springs themselves--see the 15-143, 15-144 and 15-145, which sandwich around the coil. But I am afraid we do not carry the jamb covers. You'd have to contact whoever originally supplied the windows for this. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

A quick learner from Pittsburgh says:
I have Alside windows also. My lower windows sash weight is 19 lbs, weighed on a scale. However, each of the lower coils (one on each side) has a 6K stamped on it. So, should I go for the Series 152 6lb or the 9lb (which is closer to the full sash weight with both coils used).
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

If your sash is 19 pounds, then the 9 pound coil would be my pick, as well. 18 pounds of total support should be more than sufficient.

In all honesty, it's very possible your springs are stamped with 9, not 6. It can be hard to tell sometimes.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.