Coil Balance System needed

A home owner from Inwood, WV says:
Part #801020 is broken on left side of window & contractor wants me to get same part for right side of window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0BD3BC04-DC43-4B0E-BF9F-2F4C482EA19C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A6460051-7567-4FAA-871F-3D7FE2E5797F.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you need to replace your coil balance system. We can help you do this, but I need to ascertain the identity of your pivot shoe. Can you remove it from the window and show it to us? For information on removal and replacement, see the video below. 

Per your request, see attached photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C8F075B1-5660-4AD0-B177-B56C98C83636.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CE4A78C0-19CB-4803-9447-88DAFE18441E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you! This is just what we needed to see. That pivot shoe is definitely our 15-199, which is compatible with two different sized coil springs: our 1/2" thick Series 160 and our 3/8" thick Series 165.  Please measure the thickness of your spring to confirm the best match.

Depending on what spring you have, you'll want two different covers to replaced your old chipped one. If you have the 1/2" thick spring, I recommend our 15-150D cover. 3/8" thick spring, however, then see our 15-204 instead.

The spring is 1/2". See photo. I measured the end of broken cover & it is 1/2".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 156FEB3D-C97D-47AE-B477-388226423305.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! Then you'll want our Series 160 spring and 15-150D cover. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.