Coil balance and shoe replacement

A home owner from Missouri says:
I need both coil balancers and shoes for this window. I don't see a manufacturer or weight on the window or balancers. The sash weighs 20 pounds though.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210502_111740.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210502_114231.jpg
This is a totally different window that has a spiral balancer. I cannot find any kind of shoe that is similar to how the spiral is connected.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210502_115142.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210502_115114.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210502_120126.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The pivot shoe for your first window appears to match our 15-199. This is compatible with two different coil spring sizes: the 3/8" thick Series 165 and the 1/2" thick Series 160. We also sell a cover for each size: 15-204 for the 3/8" and 15-150D for the 1/2".

Your second window appears to have a pretty typical tilt window spiral balance. It is likely our Series 600, which has a 9/16" diameter tube. We also sell the Series 900 with a 3/8" tube.

Thanks a lot, I've already ordered a few of these parts from you all.

As far as the spiral balance, can you tell what kind of shoe it is connecting to?
Profile picture of Tom

Your exact shoe isn't made anymore, but we have a ton that could potentially replace it. It will ultimately come down to its thickness. If you can give me that measurement, I can give you a part number. In the meantime you can see our whole selection here.

Thanks, I have been buying parts from you guys trying to narrow down the exact fit for the spiral balance pivot shoe.

Do you have something like the 15-015, but one that is more narrow than the 1 1/4" and has the same hole size for the pivot bar to go in?
Profile picture of Tom

Nothing comes to mind, but "more narrow" could mean a lot of things. Your only hope of finding a good match is to get precise dimensions. You need the hard numbers, estimations just won't do in this case. 

So it looks to be the exact same size as the 15-211 that I purchased, except the hole needs to be bigger/wider for the tilt bar to fit in to.

Any ideas?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210524_170344.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210524_170326.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, a few shoes come to mind, but I have to stress that you need to get precise measurements. Just knowing that it's bigger isn't enough, we need hard measurements. For example our 15-173 shoe looks similar at first glance, but I don't know how our dimensions match up. The hole in the cam is designed to accommodate a 3/16" high x 5/16" wide pivot bar. What hole size do you need?

This product is a good place to start at least, but let me know if any of the measurements I mentioned, or that you see below, differ in any way. If they do then I need you to tell me exactly how.

Dimensions for 15-173
Dimensions for 15-173
Sorry, trying to get the measurements right for the opening. It looks to be about 1/4 x 3/8.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for confirming. That's actually a pretty peculiar size. It doesn't seem that we have anything that matches. You may want to triple check that just in case. The 3/16" high x 5/16" wide measurement I gave you before is only 1/16" off in either direction from what you gave me. If you have a more accurate measuring implement that shows you sixteenths, I recommend using it here just to be safe.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.