Crank arm mechanism for casement window

A quick learner from Portland Oregon says:
Mercer aluminum casement window. The arm is loose and keeps falling down and out of the notch in the track on the bottom of the window. On the arm is stamped "Wright" in cursive. On the bottom where the screw holes are it says "7701". Arm is approx 7 7/8" on longest portion. Arm is 1/2" wide. I need a replacement. Thanks much.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named crank mechanism.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Take a look at our 39-254E and 39-255E operators. Look these over and let me know if you think these could work for you.

This looks like the right style, but the arm measured from the middle of the sprocket to the end is 9 3/4" rather than 7 1/2". Also, what is difference between Eclipse and Traditional?

Thanks much.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. In that case, check out our 39-028E and 39-027E 9-1/2" operators instead; these might be a better match for your operator's arm length. The only difference with the eclipse style operators is the more modern, 'rounded' style of the operator cover. Otherwise they function and fit into the window the same way as the older style operators. Let me know what you think.

Looks like that will work and I have ordered. Thanks much for the great service.
Profile picture of Bob

My pleasure! Thanks for letting us know how you made out, and thanks again for considering our business. If you need anything else, just ask. 

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.