Balance Shoe Help

A home owner from Northern Virginia says:
Dear Sirs,

I have Patriot 2100 series windows. Some of them, in their spring loaded balance, have broken plastic part at the bottom where sash hangs. I need this part for several windows. Or, as a second option, where needed I can use a replacement balance. Please provide help. Photos of new parts I had gotten from Patriot several years ago and used for a broken window are attached. Thanks.

Jaspal
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17B5B045-1D76-4BB2-8172-BEE6A4557949.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 79CD503D-0856-45CD-95A3-91F7BD856DA9.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jaspal. This looks similar to our 1" 15-194 T-Lock Shoe. There's an issue, however. Your old shoe has that groove in the stem that interfaces with a similar groove in the channel balance. Both our shoes and balances lack this characteristic groove. Therefore I am afraid you won't just need a 15-194, but a new Series 795 Channel Balance to go with it. This blog article here explains everything you need to know about removing and replacing these types of balances. 

Thank you for your response. My Patriot Window balance channels is 28" long and is stamped with "28C TT BSIN". What replacement would I need. Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

If the balance is 28" long and stamped 28C, then use the S795-28 with a stamp option of 28C. You'll have to swap out the 15-194 with the shoe that comes attached by default with this balance (our 15-195). The video explain shows how. 

You will also want to make sure that the balance attaches to the top of the jamb track with a screw clip. If it uses a hook instead, please let me know, and show me a picture of the hole in the jamb track that the hook attaches to.

My channel labeled as 28C has a hook which is inserted in a hole on top of window jamb.

Also, I need 1" (green) shoe. Your message is not clear on which of the two (1" or 1.25") comes as default.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7BDE5DB6-02CF-42B6-9D42-F2655DF1F6D1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Bob is out today but I can help you out from here.

So, if your balance has a hook on top then your balance will have to be custom made. We need to attach the 15-198 hook to the cord here in the warehouse before we ship it out. While we're at it, we'll also put on the 15-194 shoe for you. Like Bob said before, the larger shoe is default.

Please let me know how many balances you needed in total and I will email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site. To sum it up, we'll be making S795-28 balances with a 28C stamp, 15-194 bottom shoe, and 15-198 top hook.

I have problem with my five windows. So would need 10 of them, but can get some extra balances if price is right. Note that the hook is 1/4"'wide. Thank you again.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure thing. I'll email you a purchase link and price quote for 10. If you wanted to make any changes, let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

A quick learner from Ohio says:
I have the same setup and issue. Could I get a quote for 2 windows? So 4 Balances (S795-28C) with end hooks (15-198) and 1" closed shoes (15-194). Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob

Sure, no problem. I just sent you an email with a purchase link to order four(4) 28" Series 795 balances, stamped 28C, and with the 15-194 Shoe and 15-198 Hook Attached. Let me know if you have any other questions prior to placing this order.

Bob, I found the pivot shoes with a groove matching with those broken and shown in my pictures above. I, therefore, decided to just replace them, and not worrying about replacing the whole channels. Thank you for the information and the knowledge I got from these posts.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.