I NEED NEW BALANCES AND PIVOT SHOES

A home owner from Tyron, Ga says:
Greetings,
I am having difficulty opening and closing my 25 pound window. I have removed the channel balances and pivot shoes and ordered from you:

2- S765-30 (option 29-5) 30" series 765 balances
2-15-046 pivot shoes 1.2 inch thick.

The new pivot shoes are clearly larger than the old ones plus the pivot from the window will not fit into the opening.

The new channel balances look to be the same size, but the new ones will require me to drill a hole in the window channel and screw it into place (which I can do), instead of just placing the hook into the already prepared slot at the top of the window channel. Worse yet, I do not see how the bottom would connect to either pivot shoe.

I suspect that all my parts selections are incorrect. Please advise!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named attachment slot for top of balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named old and new balance (bottom).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named old and new balance (top).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Old and new Pivot Shoes.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named old balance (detached).jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear the Series 765 and the 15-046 didn't work for you. You can view our Return Policy here. Your original balance to me looks more like a Series 795, but with a 15-198 hook on top and a 15-224 Inverted Link shoe on the bottom. The Inverted Link shoe connects to a 15-216 Pivot Shoe, sold separately. 

We can custom build these balances for you. Please just confirm for me that the balances you need have 30" long metal channels. If so, we'll use the S795-30 with a stamp option of 30D (which supports a window sash that weighs 24 through 29 lbs). 

A home owner from Tyron, Ga says:
Hi Bob,
Yes my balances are 30 inches long. Please build me 2 and provide the other stuff you mentioned. Should I call to place the order or can we do everything via this blog?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I just sent you an email with a custom link to order (2) 30" Series 795 balances, stamped 30D, with the 15-224 Inverted Link and 15-198 Hook attached. You can add the 15-216 to your cart separately right through our online store. Let me know if you have any questions prior to placing your order. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.