Jeld-Wen Vynil Tilt-Window

A home owner from North Carolina says:
Good morning. I need to replace four tilt balances that are marked 34C PN BSI. The current balance has a hook that rests in a round hole in the track. It does not look to me that the existing hole will take the 26-200 screw plug. (I still have the hooks.) What do you suggest? Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you might have the S795-34, with a stamp option of 34C. Look this balance over to confirm. You're right; the 26-200 can help in these situations, but only if the hole in the window track is square-shaped. Otherwise, what we can do is custom-build balances for you with a 15-198 hook attached on top. 

I just need you to confirm that the Series 795 is indeed what you have, with a 34" long metal channel. Also please confirm what T-Lock Shoe your balance uses: the 15-195 1-1/4" Closed Cam Shoe, the 15-195B 1-1/4" Open Cam Shoe (you can see through the metal cam of this one, it has no back wall; this affects pivot bar compatibility); or the 15-194 1" T-Lock Shoe. From there, we can get started on these balances for you, no problem.

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.