Looking for replacement parts to fix some windows I have

A handy person from New York says:
I have a few windows in my house that will not open easily and will not stay open without being propped open. I am sure that the windows are put in the house are the cheapest. The pictures I uploaded my not be the greatest. these parts are broken I am looking to replace. Any Ideas?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190805_184559.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190805_184603.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Don't worry, we can definitely help! These parts are your window's coil balance system. Coil balances are spring mechanisms that enable the opening and closing of the window. When these components fail, the windows are unable to stay open. Coil balance systems are modular, which simply means each individual component can be replaced. Keep in mind that you need to only replace the specific parts that are damaged or broken.

There are many different kinds of coil balances, but it looks like your window uses our 15-199 pivot shoe. The identity of the pivot shoe determines the identity of the coil balances. So we know that you need either our Series 160 or Series 165 Coil Springs. The Series 160 coil springs are 1/2" thick, whereas the Series 165 is 3/8" thick. You will need to remove the entire assembly to check this. 

From there, each coil spring is meant to support a specific amount of weight individually. These spring weights are designated by stamp codes on the coil springs themselves; but if they're not there, or your uncertain, give us the exact weight of your window sash, and we'll work out what you need. Finally, if you need new housing, see our 15-150T

Thank you for the response I will check it out and I will keep you posted.
Sorry for the delay I was out of town for the week. I took the window sash and noticed that the latch that goes into the pivot shoe is missing on one side. I will post a picture. I was having an issue getting the coil spring out of the window to look at it to see if I can see the size. I did weigh the window sash and my scale (not sure on the accuracy) it stated it weighed 20lbs
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

No need to apologize, it's been a busy season for all of us here, too.

When you say latch that goes into your pivot shoe, do you mean the pivot bar? The 15-199 is designed to work with something like our 26-378. Compare this to your old pivot bar and see how they match up. If they aren't a match, we'll need a photo of an undamaged version in order to find something better.

Knowing that the sash is 20 pounds is a huge help. All we need now is to know how thick the springs are so that we can recommend the right Series.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.