Coil Balance ID

A quick learner from Tustin, California says:

I have identified the double coil balance as #801020, but cannot identify the other two parts.

I also need to know if the pin can be replaced in the window as it has broken off the left side as seen in the photo 4. if so, how, there are no screws on the bottom of the window.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 11.30.43 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 11.37.46 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 11.37.37 AM.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like our 15-199 Pivot Shoe. This shoe uses our Series 160 Coil Balances. If you're unsure what spring weights you need, give us the exact weight of your window sash, and we'll be happy to work it out for you. For housing, see our 15-150D. For a pivot bar, see our 26-378

Great, it looks liek I have the parts, my last question is how does the pivot bar fit into the die of the window? (See photo #3). since there are no screws in the bottom of the window, is there a clip of something that it clips into (into the side of the window?
Profile picture of Bob

Normally there are screw holes on the bottom corners of the sash that align with the mounting holes on the pivot bar, allowing you to fasten them into place with screws. It would be pretty unusual if your sash lacked these mounting holes; in this case, you'd have to drill new holes to properly install these pivot bars, though if you attempt this you'd want to be very careful not to hit the glass, since you could cause it to crack or even shatter. As to which kind of screws you want to use, that really depends on your sash more than the pivot bar. See if any other windows in the house in fact use screws for these pivot bars that you could use as a comparative guide. In any case, a local hardware store should be able to help you pinpoint the right fastener to use. 

Great, I just discovered the screws have fallen out, hence my problem. One last question. Here is a picture of my coil balance on the left side, can these be reused or should I replace them?
You've been a great help.
Bob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 11.43.28 AM.png
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. You only need to replace coil springs if they themselves are torn or warped. From these photos yours appear fine to me; just make sure they have the 'travel' to attach to the pivot shoe. Otherwise, you'll need our Series 160.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.