Proper Parts

A home owner from Havelock, NC says:
Good morning! There are no names or markings of any kind on the windows. I need your help selecting the right replacement parts for my (5) single-hung windows. Attached are pictures of the broken channel balance shoe and pivot pin. The sash weighed 18lbs. The Channel balance (28B stamped on) measured 29" from top to bottom of shoe (1 1/4 across). Can please help me select the correct replacement parts. I need parts for all 5 windows?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_192424.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_192647.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200606_082307.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200606_082317.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The balance appears to be our S795-28. Just go over all the dimensions, as well as how the balance attaches to the top of the window jamb (via a screw-on tab), to confirm this matches up. For the pivot bar, see if our 26-040 matches up.

A home owner from Havelock, NC says:
I attached a picture showing the top of the channel balance and the shoe. Does the screw-on tab and shoe comes with the balance? It does not say in the online catalog. Thanks for responding.

Clarence
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200610_185118.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Clarence. Our 15-195 1-1/4" T-Lock Shoe comes installed with the Series 795 by default. So does the screw tab on top; however, from this angle I can't tell if you actually have a balance with a 15-198 hook on top instead. Was this tab screwed into the window jamb? Or is it just a hook that inserts into a slot? If it's the latter, we can custom make these balances with the hook attached. If it's just a screwtab, however, you should be ready to go with standard balances.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.