Replacement constant force coil spring and cover

A handy person from neptune beach, fl says:

Before I knew anything about how the coil spring and support foot worked, I yanked out the entire set up because the plastic cover was completely broken up and the window wasn't staying open. I thought the replacement part would be one piece, not two or three. Now I realize that the cover is the only thing that was broken and I probably could have simply repositioned the coils, replaced the plastic cover and rescrewed it in over the functional coils. 

What's further unfortunate is that I didn't take a picture of the coils before yanking them out and discarding them. Because there is nothing on the window to identify the manufacturer, I planned to to remove an intact functional coil spring unit on another window in order to take a picture of the inside for identification for replacement purposes, but am flumoxed as to how to remove the 5" coil springs and cover from a 2 " cut out area of side jamb which only barely allows removal of the 2" support foot. 

All the videos I found show a large enough cut out to simply pry the coils out within the cutout area in one piece. I do know that the coils had 33" and #5 on them. I hope the picture I sent is enough to illustrate the narrative of my dilemma.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4465.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! We can definitely identify this hardware for you. I recommend looking at our 15-199 pivot shoe, 15-205 cover for 3/8" springs, and our S165-5 coil. I think you'll agree that these match up quite well.

As for the method of replacement, it can be a little tricky when you have something as large as a triple-spring system. We're actually working on a tutorial video right now that should explain everything for you, but it's not available quite yet. Please give us a little more time to produce it and we'll let you know when it's up!

A handy person from neptune beach, fl says:
Excellent thank you. I will order those parts and await the video. Any idea when I should check back for the video?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I actually just spoke with our production team this morning. They told me that they're still filming and that it may not be ready for some time. With that in mind, I'll do my best to walk you through it through text. I'll still post the video when it's ready.

The procedure actually isn't that complicated on paper, but that's obviously not the case in practice. The most difficult part is the fact that you have to put the coil balance into the track fully assembled. The way to do this, usually, is to feed the balance into the cutout shoe-first. Since your balance is so large, though, you may have to make the cutout bigger. They recommended opening up to be 2" high. That should give you the clearance you need.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.