Replacement part

A quick learner from Oreland PA says:
My fireman window when pulled out to clean does not slide evenly. It appears the plastic slide is cracked and no longer connected to the actual window. It just stays in the track and does not move. Both of my big windows are currently having the same issue. Please help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2580DF85-755E-439F-B171-E79DC3ABA13B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 127F3F77-C621-4DD3-8AA8-6BDA0340017A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D7743EE2-5D00-4EB8-A941-E83B41913341.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I believe we can help you with this. Beginning with the balance cover, it looks close to our 15-205. It holds three coil springs, like the 3/8" Series 165. Confirm that our springs match up with yours. Your springs should also have a number stamped on the end of the springs. As for the pivot shoe, look over the specifications of the 15-199. We also placed some helpful media guides on this page for more assistance. 

A quick learner from Oreland says:
So you are correct on the two parts. However I do not know which coil. It appears correct but I need additional help. Please find attached picture of numbers from my coil. Part was made in 4/2004
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AA49E649-A378-49C1-987A-A44EB6AB2312.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9490CE56-4472-4361-AF5A-3C93356EFDF3.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you for replying back to us with more photos and information. After looking at your photos again, I am inclined to lean towards the 15-199 that I previously recommended. Your coil spring doesn't really show us the stamped number we need to determine which replacement coil would work. Are there any other numbers stamped before the "35". If so, could you get back to us with that information? If not, get back to us with the weight of your sash. We'd also like to see photos of an undamaged pivot bar removed from the window, along with measurements. 

A quick learner from Oreland says:
Ok - I have all my parts except the sash tilt pins that fit in bottom of sash. The one is broken and not sure of size. I also need the tool to spread track to put in constant balances. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4B0C6BAE-9EC2-45DF-A5E4-4D3378B0E93D.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul

For the pivot bar, compare our 26-378 to one of your pivot bars that is not damaged. See if everything matches up. As for the tool you are referring to, our 75-069 jamb spreader tool is the part you're looking for.

A quick learner says:
If there is a cut out in the jamb then I do not need the spreader correct?

I was able to take the sash out but unsure how to check the pin to see if it matches the one you recommended. Attached are some photos. How do I get to the pin to see the whole thing?

Do you have recommendations of local window people to fix windows? I live in Montgomery Township PA (Oreland)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D8FA9E9B-9ADE-4228-A97C-1D3F79D78BAF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 29ADEF0B-63D7-4DC3-94FE-94CC0CC338C6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 220A4AE3-02D2-486C-B2B2-903FF9DA7BBA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, if your window has a cutout then there's no need for jamb spreaders. Jamb spreaders are really just an emergency backup option in case all else fails.

You'll have to unscrew that pivot bar and slide it out of its slot to confirm if it matches ours. 

I'm afraid I have no contacts in your area.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.