Replacement parts

A home owner from Summerfield NC says:
Hello, I need some help repairing my window. I think I've narrowed them down to MW manufacturing out of Virginia. I saw the video about upgrading to what looks like the type of hardware I already have. Series 795? I have several broken pieces on both sides so maybe just 2 complete assembly would be easier to buy and install than repairing the old stuff. The pivot bar on one side of the sash is also broken so I'll need that too. That looked to be a 26-366.
Thanks for the help,
John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E502F56D-0EC1-47C5-8A98-0433BAE72C52.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2F12F2B1-69A7-4638-AB9E-B6A1F506942E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CD452862-3234-4521-B883-4A755DF3BCA9.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi John, 

I agree that the S795 channel balance and 26-366 pivot bar appear to match the parts in your photos. There should also be a stamp on the metal balance channel indicating the spring strength needed for your balances. Thank you!

It said 34D BSI
Profile picture of Casey

That stamp would correlate to our S795-34 with a 34D strength option. Keep in mind that our balance has a screw tab at the end of the pulley used for installation. It's not clear in your photos if yours has a screw tab or a hook. 

Mine has a hook but maybe I could fashion a new hook and replace the "screw" connectors? Sorry I'm back and forth to my phone today. I'll keep check every 15-20 min for responses...
John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51A382CE-F70B-41E4-8B75-AF8F2F18633E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9174F618-961D-4A33-A069-EA39C3DD6C68.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

We have two solutions to this. We could either have these balances custom made for you with the 15-198 hook attached, or you could use our 26-200 screw plug in the space where the original hook installs in the jamb as long as the cutout is square, which would enable you to install the screw tab that comes with the stock S795 balance. Take a look and let us know how you'd like to proceed. 

Hi Casey,
I was thinking the same thing, you already have a solution...the cut outs are square. Okay so how much is a new or two complete assemblies with the square screw plugs? The one side isn't broken, but figured I'd replace both at the same time...
Thanks
John
Profile picture of Casey

We do recommend replacing the balances on both sides at the same time. Since you can use our stock balances, pricing for the balances, screw plugs and pivot bars can be viewed directly on our product pages. Thank you!

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.