Searching for 5118992

A quick learner says:
I need a 2 latches and one plastic slider part for one of my windows. I've attached pictures of the tag on the window and the parts I need to replace. Is this enough information to provide me the exact part numbers? Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Tag.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Plastic Piece.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Latch.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

The tilt latch in these photos reminds me of our 26-243 and 26-244. I recommend you look over the dimensions and compare them with yours to see how they match up.

I can't identify what coil support you need, however. I would have to see an undamaged pivot shoe removed from the window to determine the compatible springs and accessories. 

A home owner from Mahomet IL says:
Is it possible the plastic piece that's unidentified might be a "ventilation stop?"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Plastic Piece.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

This part is called a coil support or coil housing. We need to see photos of the pivot shoe first in order to identify the compatible coil springs and support.

To make sure we're speaking of the same part.....I'm referring to the plastic piece on the sash in the right side of the upper window guide, not the latch on the sill.....
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you're describing but I've circled the coil support part in your photos that I'm referring to. I hope this helps.

housing/support
Yes, that's it and thanks----coil support--that's what I was looking help for naming! Obviously, I'm not an experienced handyman. Knowing the name of the part helps me describe what I need to someone who can fix it. Thank you!
Profile picture of Emily

No problem! I'm happy I could help. Let me know if I can be of further assistance! 

Emily. I have added a picture of the parts needed for my Simonton window, along with measurements. If you could guide me to the part numbers you believe I need to order (or if you need more info), I'd be grateful. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Parts Needed 3.3.2023.jpg
I believe I have almost all the information needed to place an order, but I have one last question. Without having to take the bottom sash out and using the label that is included in this thread, is there an easy way to know the weight of the bottom sash for the window being repaired? Otherwise, does this require taking the window out and putting it on a scale. (I'm hoping the label helps provide the exact weight.) Thanks.

I will be ordering 26-243 and 26-244 (beige), along with a balance & pivot show assembly (based on weight). Thanks, again!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, Emily isn't here today but I'll do my best to help.

The pivot shoe in this photo is our 15-199, which is compatible with the 3/8" wide Series 165. I bet if you measured the spring, it would be the same size. The cover/coil support used with this setup is our 15-204. I feel pretty confident that these are what you want, but look over the details and information in each case to verify.

As for spring weight, there should be a stamp on the old springs printed near the "T" shaped end of the band. That will tell you how much weight each spring supports. Lacking that, your only option is to weigh your sash and divide by how many springs support it altogether. 

There are three coils---two are 4 lbs and one is 3 lbs.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Just to clarify, is that three for one side, or three including both sides?

If it's three per side, then that sounds totally normal. You'd want to choose the same Series 165 weight options you found in your window.

You experts have been so helpful! Thank you! I have my purchase list almost nailed down.

There's one last (I HOPE) question. The window hinge was bent on one side and not properly installed, perhaps. I've included pictures. What part number would be needed to replace this piece? The measurement is 3" X 5/16" X 3/16". The head is 9/16" (oval). There was a video that alluded to the possibility that the newer hinges might not work with the older part that holds them? I'd want to order two hinges, but if there's yet another part needed, I'd want to include that in my order too. FYI. My purchase list so far include 2 15-204; 2 15-199; 4 165-4 coils; 2 165-3 coils; 1 26-243 beige (left); and 1 26-244 beige (right) Thanks again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Hinge Side View.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Hinge 3.7.2023.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton Window Hinge End 3.7.2023.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Sure, this part is called a pivot bar and our 26-378 looks like a dead ringer for your old one. Look over the specifications and see how they match up with yours. 

All orders can be placed directly on our website at your convenience! 

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.