Simonton Springs and Covers

A home owner from Akron, Ohio says:

Hi,

I'm looking to replace springs and plastic covers on my Simonton dimension 1 windows. House was built 2000 and all springs are broken now.

Would you please tell me which parts do I need to order or what other info's do you need from me so you can tell me exact part numbers and the price.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Peter

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 033.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220519_132029.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Peter. I feel confident that we can supply you with the needed hardware, but the issue is that I can't quite make out what you have from these photos. Before I recommend anything, would it be possible to see a clearer picture of the pivot shoe, without obstruction? Can you also measure the width of the coil's band and tell me what you get? 

A home owner from Akron, Ohio says:
Hello Tom,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Hope these photos help. I measured the width of the springs and they are 3/8". I'm assuming they are 5 lb each (stamped #5), so two per side. Is it possible to use one 10 lb spring per side instead af two 5 lb?
Also, do I need to replace the pivot shoe also, and pivot bar?
Thank you,
Peter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220524_095944.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220524_100328.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220524_101247.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! This is a huge help. Your old pivot shoe appears to match our 15-199. Since your springs are 3/8", that means you want our Series 165.

These don't come with a 10 pound option, unfortunately. However two S165-5 springs on each side should work just fine. We also have the 15-204 double spring cover.

You can reuse your old pivot shoe and pivot bar as long as they're in good condition, yes!

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.