T-Lock Shoe Help

A quick learner from Milford, DE says:
Help! I need to replace these parts so I can sell my house with working windows! The label lists the manufacturer as NVR Building Products. My home was built by Ryan Homes.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at our 15-195B Open Cam T-Lock Shoe. This appears to be what you have; but there's some versions of these shoes that are a bit unusual. Can you show me the front of the shoe just to be safe? Thanks. 

Profile picture of Bob

Well, I'm glad we checked this. Your T-Lock Shoe has a characteristic groove in the stem. This groove interfaces with a similar shape in your channel balances. Both our T-Lock Shoes and our channel balances lack this interface. Therefore, I'm afraid you will need not only the 15-195B, but new Series 795 Channel Balances. This blog article here goes into more detail about what you need to know when replacing these balances. 

Hope this helps. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C9355400-169F-404D-A0F6-43BD2C535F5E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 246451C5-6E27-4F36-9B52-4D40D2839C57.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. If the metal channel is 35" long, then you need an S795-35. Is there a stamp on the metal channel? If not, if the sash weighs 23.4 lbs then a stamp option of 35C should work for you. There's just two further items (I know!) to cover here:

• We established you need the 15-195B shoe, sold separately. You can easily swap this out with the shoe that comes by default with these balances (our 15-195). The video below for details.
  • Please confirm that your old balances attach to the top of the window track with a screw-on tab. If it uses a hook instead, please show us the hole in the window track where this hook attaches to. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Eventually we'll get this right! Do I measure just the metal piece within the window track, or the entire window track from top to bottom? The metal piece is 36" long, while the entire window track is 75" long. And the lower sash weighs 23.4 lb. Is this enough info, or do you need anything else to figure out the parts I need? Also, I need to replace the tabs you pinch in to let the window drop out for cleaning.
Thanks!
I'm not sure which measurement you need. The metal rod is 36" long, and the full window track is 75" long. The sash weighs 23.4 lb. Is this enough info to decide what parts I need? Also, I need to replace the 2 parts you pinch in to release the window to drop down for cleaning.
Thanks!
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for responding. Okay, if the metal channel itself is 36" long, and the window weighs just over 23 lbs, then a S795-36 with a stamp option of 36C will work for you. The overall window track length is irrelevant for our purposes. Again, you'll need to buy the 15-195B sold separately and install it into the balance, as the video in my last post shows. Finally, please confirm that your old balances attach to the top of the window track via screws, rather than a hook. If so, then you're good to order these parts!

For your tilt latches, there's actually a huge variety, so can you show us pictures of one of your old undamaged latches? Preferably out of the window and from multiple angles? Many thanks. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.