Window Balance

A handy person from 32216 says:
Customer needs the 3 coil balances replaced on 1 simonton window. We need 1 per each side. The number I found on the plastic is 5.704.165
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance1.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the specifications of the 15-199 pivot shoe, which uses the 3/8" wide S165 or 1/2" wide S160 coil spring, and related items shown on our product pages to your balance assembly. Thanks for posting! 

Ok I believe we actually need the s159 coil, what other components would we need to purchase beyond the pivot shoe and s159 coil to have a full balance?
Profile picture of Casey

The S159 is not generally used with the 15-199 pivot shoe. I would recommend confirming the exact width of the original coil since the S159 measures 3/4", while the coils in your photos do not appear to be that large. 

Ok my craftsman sent me these, would the s165 be best then? And what other parts do we need beyond the pivot shoe?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

It's tough to make out accurate dimensions from photos but it does look like your coil is less than 1/2" thick. As long as it measures 3/8", the S165-5 would be the way to go. Also, see the 15-205 triple support. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.