Window Cranks

A handy person from frederick, md says:

Good morning,

I would like to replace the current cranks shown in pictures with new cranks. The current brand is Loewen and were electric windows. We are going away from the electric windows and going back to hand cranking them. The only problem is that these windows are 12 feet off the ground so I need a fairly long crank handle to open them.

Im sure those are not the correct terms for the parts,but i think you get the idea.

Thanks,

Jeff

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200819_092150.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200819_092319.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200819_092324.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200819_092325.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The operator in your photos looks reminiscent of either the 39-031 & 39-032, or the 39-155 & 39-156. The only difference between these two operator sets is the length of the link arm, so compare to see if either best match your old hardware. 

Hey Bob,

Thanks, I have determined that the window operators are 39-031 and 39-032. I will order these through the website. Do you sell a long window crank? I need to be able to reach up to about 12 feet to open and close these windows.

Thanks,
Jeff
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Check out the diagram below. The use of extension parts like the 39-338, 39-339, 39-157, 39-157B, and 39-336 allows for a pull ring system that can be reached with a pole, though we do not sell a pole you could use this with this. You'd also need to have enough sill space for this to work, though you likely could use some other combination of these parts if need be. Take a look and see what you think. 

Diagram of the pole ring system.
Diagram of the pole ring system.
Thanks, That's perfect. I appreciate your help with all of this. I will use you guys in the future for sure!

Take care,
Jeff
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.