Window balance for top window (double hung)

A quick learner from Atlantic City says:

Hello, I would like to order the replacement parts for my window. There was a metal coil inside the pack that broke. I believe that it's an Andersen window.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you,

Mike

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 116F4951-C563-4E3B-8662-EE921CB75120.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D9B8862B-8C46-4E98-945B-74663A30F0A4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 58EDB0FA-9252-4BA9-A0B3-511769E2FD3B.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Mike. 

It looks like you have an older coil balance that is no longer made. The good news is that we have a replacement option that we think has a good chance of working. It's no guarantee, but I think it's worth considering. 

See our 15-199. This appears to be our best candidate. It's 17/32" thick by 1-1/4" wide and is compatible with our 1/2" thick Series 160 spring. It's also meant to be used with either our 15-150S, 15-150D, or 15-150T cover depending on how many springs are used in each side.

It's important to note that the Series 160 doesn't screw to the 15-199 pivot shoe, but instead kind of hooks in with that tab. That's my biggest concern, but as long as the width and thickness of your shoe match ours, and as long as the thickness of the spring is the same, then it should be okay. Look it over and see what you think. 

A quick learner from Atlantic City says:

Hello Emily,

I am surprised to hear that the parts are no longer available, since the window was made in 2008. Also, I would like to consider the options that you provided me, but I do have some follow up questions, specifically does the coil come with the parts since I didn't see it in the pictures you provided and will the pivot be compatible with my window. Please call me when you get a chance. 

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

The coil spring is sold separately. Our 15-199 pivot shoe is our best match for your original hardware but you'll need to compare your dimensions to ours to confirm they match. 

I'm afraid I won't be able to give you a call since our department doesn't have phones. I'm sorry about that! Please let us know if you have any further questions, we'll be happy to help.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.