Window crank in original part of house

A handy person from 53818 says:
Good afternoon !
This is the second type / brand of window crank we have in a house we recently bought that was supposed to be built in 1979. The cranks in the original part ( the ones I'm attempting to get parts for now) and these are different from the ones you helps me with a 6 weeks or so ago. This crank isn't all one piece like the other ones were, and the screws are in different spots. These aren't nearly as easy to get to and removed either ! Will you be able to help me again this time ? Thank you !
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3595.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3596.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3597.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our 39-013 and 39-014 casement operators. Take note that our operators have a roller wheel at the end of the arm, which appears to be damaged or broken off in your photo. 

If you also need to replace the hinges, see our 36-048. Thank you!

Your suggestion appears to be really close, but according to my measurement, the arm on mine to the center of the gear is only about 11 inches. Actually, the roller you mentioned being gone seems to be the only issue with the one I have here, other than needing some lubricant. I don't suppose there is a replacement roller available that a person could install ? Thank you !
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3598[38735].jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry the wheels for casement operators like yours separately. You may also want to consider our 39-027E with the 9-1/2" arm length and see if you could adapt this or the original operators we mentioned to work for your window. In either case, you may need to adjust the position of the track that the rollers glide in under the window sash to make up for the difference in arm length. 

If you decide to try either of these options and they don't work out for you, you can view our return policy here. Thanks for posting! 

Good afternoon ! I just wanted to let you know that the 39-027E crank you suggested that has the 9 1/2" arm fit perfectly where the old one had an 11" arm and the only real difference is that the window won't crank clear out to ninety degrees to the frame. I have my doubts that many of them are ever opened that far anyway. I just ordered one more of each side just to have for future use. Thank you for everything ! You all are awesome !!! John, Wisconsin

Profile picture of Casey

That's great! Thank you so much for the update, and for confirming everything works. Please feel free to reach out if you ever needed anything else.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.