casement window crank Winchester/Bristol

A handy person from Portsmouth VA says:
We have a casement window which needs a new crank. It is about 24yrs old made by Winchester / Bristol. I think it is about 31.1 inches wide per the sticker. We can't get the crank out easily and need feedback on that as well, but based on the attached images, can you assist us with determining which crank would be the suitable replacement for our window, or give us more guidance as to what we need to do to determine this? We're not sure how to get to the crank mechanism without destroying the vinyl window in which it is encased. It also appears that maybe the spindle of the crank is worn out on the end or the knurls where it fits into the mechanism are stripped. What happens is, when closing the window, there comes a point where you're turning the crank and the window will not close even though the crank is turning. Do you need more information or images?
User submitted photo of their operator gear.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It's hard to determine which operator you would use as a replacement without seeing the operator removed from the window.

However, you can start by looking at the 39-031 and 39-032 EntryGard Dual Arm Operators, the 39-035 and 39-036 Dyad Window Operators, and the 39-155 and 39-156 Caradco Window Cranks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at