double hung window sash

A quick learner from Texas says:
I have 5 window units double hung,double swing. the parts look almost identical to ones a previous "quick learner" sent to you and you suggested a pivot/brake part no. 15-177 and coils s-152. My case, the lower sash is H 29" X W 32", triple pane, 25 lbs (on bathroom scale) with a tandem 2 coil assemblies on each side. the assembly has 2 coils marked with an 8. I've looked at two sashes and they are the same. Can i use these parts: pivot/brake 15-177, 2 ea spring S152-8 and bushings 15-144 & 15-145 for replacement? I would like to replace all balances in 5 windows. If you need more info, let me know. make my own assemble similar to your S140 dual pack. I have problems with my upper sashes too, but that's another day. they are much heavier and a "2 man" job. thanks for your recommendations. DQ
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. The parts you picked out are all designed to work together, yes, but I cannot confirm what you have. In order to make a more confident recommendation I would need photos of what you have now. 

I'm also concerned about the spring weights. The S152-8 carries 8 pounds each, so if you had 2 on each side of the sash then that equals 32 pounds of support. That's way, way stronger than the 25 pounds you gave. If your sash is 25 pounds then I would recommend going down to the S152-6, which only carries 6 pounds per spring.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.