help with balancer

A quick learner from south carolina says:
balancer has 34B stamped on it. Cannot locate similar balancer with the hook style up top. I believe your 795 series is the closest I can find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to order 2.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bal3.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You window balance unfortunately not something we can supply. You are correct in surmising that you can use our Series 795, but there is one issue with that. Our S795-34 has a screw tab on the top while yours has a hook. You also have the smaller 1" shoe.

That means your balance will have to be custom made by us to fit those specifications. We'll be using a 34B S795-34 with a 15-198 top hook and 15-194 bottom shoe. Does that sound good to you?

I'll email you a custom order link and price quote right now for 2. If any of those details don't look good to you, let me know and we can straighten them out.

A quick learner from south carolina says:
Certainly appreciate your help Tom. Just placed order through link you sent. Thanks again! Andy
Profile picture of Tom

Fantastic, thank you! Please let us know how it works out or if you had any other questions.

A home owner from Maryland says:
I have the same design for the balance with a hook top and delressed end with a 1" cam T shoe. I skready bought 15 1" shoes. Mine measure 34C. Also, the stock ones you sell will not slide back into the sill channel due to the rivets on the balance. I almost need one that is 1/16 narrower. Is there any type of custom order you can do for a S795 34C, with a hook, a tad narrower?
Profile picture of Tom

There is a narrower version of the Series 795, but it is much narrower and very unique. Just to play it safe, can you show me a photo of the hardware you have now? Can you also give me precise measurements?

Attached are pictures for the original balance showing the hook, the depressed end (although your product + 1" shoe resolves that issue), the stamp, and how your 795 balance won't quite fit requiring something a bit more narrower. The metal body of the balance is a really tight fit/push; the rivets hold it back. The channel is about 1/2" wide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_110205.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_110227.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_110248.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_110347.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! This isn't the skinny version I had in mind. Your old one was just made by a different manufacturer, they're otherwise the same parts. Concerning the rivets, you will need to work the rivets pass the edge of the window frame. Once in, it will fit in the channel. You can also tap the rivets down if you're handy, but otherwise you should be able to work them in.

If you were still interesting in ordering our custom Series 795 with a hook, let me know how many you needed and I can email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

Interested in the series with a hook, looking for 7 please. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thanks! I'll send that over now.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.