patriot channel balance and shoe lock

A home owner from sewickley, PA says:
Hello,

I need replacements for my patriot balance windows and also the shoe lock which is broken. The channel balance say 34C
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named patriot window balancepic1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named patriot window balancepic2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named patriot window balancepic3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named patriot window balancepic6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named patriot window balancepic7.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your balance will have to be a custom order due to that hook at the top. All of our stock balances only install using screws.

Before we go any further, can you show me a picture of the shoe you mentioned? We will need that before we go further. Please also make sure the shoe you show us is undamaged.

Tom,

This is the shoe lock. I did not take it from the window sill yet. I hope the picture is good enough. Please send me a quote for the both items (channel and shoe lock

Thanks,
Karl
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe lock 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe lock 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That looks like it could be an older version of our 15-195, which is 1-1/4" wide. You should measure your width to confirm that. We also sell the 15-194, which is 1" wide. I don't think that's what you have but you can never be too careful.

I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for two S795-34 channel balances with a 15-198 top hook and a 15-195 bottom shoe. Let me know if you wanted to make any changes or if you had any questions.

tom,
It is 1-1/4".
I will place the order today.
Thanks,
Karl
tom,

It seems like the shoe size is 1" not 1 and half". Please check the attached pictures. Could you send me the 1" shoe locks- 4 please. do I remove the 1.5" shoe and replace with the 1" or do I need to buy two new custom balances
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named shoe5.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That would be the 15-194 shoe that I mentioned. You can purchase these and snap them on the balance you bought from us. The video below will show you how.

Tom,
Do you also have a video to install the balance with the shoe lock in the window. My guess is that I go directly to the swisco site and purchase the shoe lock, correct?.
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, that's exactly right. As for installing the balance, you would slide it into the track sideways, and at a 90 degree angle, since the shoe is too wide otherwise. Then you simply twist it so it's the right way around and tilt up so that you can hook it in at the top.

Tom,

I need to order 6 additional balances with custom hook. The original link only allow me to order 2 at a time. Could you resend me the link that allow me to order six at one time. the 1 in shoe worked well
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing, I'll do that right now.

Hi Tom,

I have eight 15-195 (1 1/4") that I did not use because I changed to 15-194 (1", window configuration). Can I returned them, do I get a credit? Please let me know.

Regards,
Karl
Profile picture of Tom

If you purchased eight 15-195 shoes that you don't need anymore, then you can return them for a refund. See our return policy here for more information.

A quick learner from Sewickley says:

Need 22 window balances with hinge and window seats

the window balance is 28 inches. It has the custom hook at the top

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E1CD3AC9-D4B3-4A40-BFC3-14A0D67A4F56.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 57713006-59E4-4761-8405-863BF77EAAE0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BA5AB1B8-C27C-4E97-9E6F-13B20FF85A60.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D501CCEC-19D1-400F-A6A9-A96BA35901C4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0F34C0D0-4366-49A6-A952-8EB152D04DFA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good! I'll email you a purchase link and price quote right now that will let you add 22 to your cart.

Please let me know if we can be of any further help.

A quick learner from Sewickley says:
Hello Tom,

Need another new replacement: 34C series 795, 15-194 shoe and 15-198 top hook. Need 6 of it. Please see attached photos to confirm replacement. I measured the channel balance and it was 34 inches
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance outside hook 220607.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance outside channel  220607.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance outside channel closer look 220607.
Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! That shouldn't be an issue. I'll email you a new purchase link and price quote for 6 balances made in this configuration. 

Please let me know if you needed anything else!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.